Thank you so much to the lovely Rachael from Made With Love for my award. I'm very flattered and thrilled to little pink bits!
By accepting this award, I am required to tell you 7 things about myself so here goes ...
1. I am the eldest of four children, having three younger brothers. I think this is the reason that, despite being naturally self-confident and outgoing, I get the heebie jeebies when faced with a big group of women, particularly school mothers!
2. I have two tattoos. The first is a small rosebud on my shoulder which I had done at the age of 15 and then had to hide from my dad for five years! The other is a small flower on my wrist which I have had for about ten years ...
3. I passed my driving test on the first attempt when I was 19 years old. My first car was a brown mini called Chocolate Molly ...
4. I can analyse handwriting. I don't mean that I got a book out the library one day and taught myself, I mean I only have to look at someone's writing and I get a very good feeling about their character and even, on occasions, events in their past which shape their personality. I happened to mention this 'skill' to some work colleagues once, many years ago, and then got deluged with samples of handwriting!!! I got to the point where I would charge £1.00 for each analysis!
5. I used to be an artists' portrait model (not nude!). My grandmother was an artist and I used to sit for her which lead to my sitting for both professional and amateur groups. Consequently I am sure there must be hundreds of paintings of me out in the ether somewhere! Yikes, what a horrid thought!
6. I have had an enormous crush on Aled Jones for over twenty years! I have seen him perform live three times (yes, I was the youngest audience member on all occasions!) and once met him at a book signing and flirted outrageously! It's not the Songs Of Praise faith thing as that really isn't my cup of tea; it's his beautiful voice, personality and twinkly blue eyes!!!