As the weather turns a little more chilly, don't your thoughts start turning to comfort food and one-pot meals? There's something about ladling out great spoonfuls of a homemade stew crammed with vegetables that is so fulfilling and heart warming.♥
(Image actually chicken stock - I didn't have a photo of stew!)
I was watching River Cottage Autumn last night and LOVED Hugh's idea of a 'Stew Club' so immediately started planning my own version - 'Stew Monday'. I am going to invite four couples of our lovely neighbours to join (that includes you Jane!). The idea is that each couple takes weekly turns to cook a stew large enough to generously serve ten people and then delivers it to the others for them to reheat for Monday night's supper. How exciting is that?! I'll let you know if they tell me to get knotted! :-)
Now, I want to thank the lovely Lynda at Hookin' With LaaLaa for considering me worthy of this fabulous award.
Lynda is one of the warmest and most honest bloggers I've come across so I thoroughly recommend you pay her a visit.
A condition of accepting this award is to tell you seven facts about myself.
1. I currently seem to have a big crush on David Cameron!
2. I don't mind blood and can watch the most gruesome of operations or horror movies but sick, bogies and poo all make me heave. Even talking about them makes me feel queasy so I shall move swiftly on ..!
3. On a similar theme, I cannot bear people who spit. If someone walking in front of me spits on the ground (or 'flobs' as we used to call it), I tap them on the shoulder and politely say "excuse me, I think you've dropped something". It can invite a variety of reactions!
4. I absolutely love cryptic crosswords and all word games especially Scrabble.
5. I wasn't very good at being pregnant. I'd love to be able to report that I floated serenely around in pretty ditsy floral maternity clothes with a self-satisfied glow on both occasions but the truth was that I was tired, ratty, emotional and wore dungarees for the whole nine months. I did however thoroughly enjoy childbirth! Two natural births with just gas and air, twenty-five and seventeen hours respectively.
6. I am petrified of spiders. I was held hostage in my own house just last week by a spider the size of a hand lurking outside the front door. Thankfully my wonderful postman came to the rescue and removed it with somebody else's letter.
7. I am very much a summer person and really don't like the cold and short days of winter. Give me Easter and its promise of spring and summer over Christmas any day. Bah humbug.
I get so much pleasure from all the blogs I follow and I truly mean that. The five blogs I nominate for this award however are:-
They are all wonderful so do go and have a peek.
Have a super weekend.